Matangi Private Island Resort is a family owned and managed boutique resort on a 240-acre private island located in the remote northeastern part of the Fiji Islands.
This unique horseshoe-shaped island paradise boasts virgin tropical rainforest, and white sand beaches. It is no surprise that Matangi Island was voted in ISLANDS Magazine as one of the "Top 10 Private Islands in the World" and also featured in Patricia Schultz's book, "1,000 Places to See before You Die".
Recently, Matangi was listed in Conde Nast Traveler as one of the top five most romantic resorts in all of Fiji, and Brides Magazine claimed we are one of the three "must-see" spots in Fiji as well.
Matangi offers 9 traditional Fijian designed bures and 3 unique treehouses each with air-conditioning, ipod docking stations, outdoor lava rock shower, large sitting area, and all the amenities of a luxury resort. The island caters to adults only. Meal Inclusive rates include all meals, daily laundry, Wifi connectivity (one login per bure / single device), twice daily snorkeling excursions, non-motorized activities including, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, Calypso beach cat sailing, hiking and a variety of cultural activities.
- Full Breakfast for two daily, included in the rate
- All Inclusive
Our Exclusive Offers:
The following amenities are subject to availability at the time of check-in/departure:
- $100 USD Spa Treatment credit, per room, per stay
- Early Check-In
- Late Check-Out
Dining at Matangi
- Vale-ni-kana Restaurant
- Sawana Bar located in the dining room
We offer Pacific Rim cuisine with a distinctive flavor of the Fiji Islands. Many of our vegetables now come for our organic gardens. Lunch and dinner includes vegetarian dishes and special dietary needs can be catered to. Advance notice is requested. Freshly baked breads accompany all of our meals and we now offer gluten free options.
Coffee and tea, freshly baked treats are available all day in the dining room along with pre-dinner snacks at the bar between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm.
- Breakfast 7:00 am - 9:00 am: Full breakfast with hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit, freshly squeezed tropical juices, muffins, pastries and yogurt. A hot cooked breakfast is also offered with a choice of banana pancakes, French toast, breakfast burritos, eggs cooked to order, potatoes, bacon, ham and sausage. We also serve homemade jams!
- Lunch: 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Appetizer (light salad) plus Main course (choice of 3) plus Dessert.
- Dinner: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm - Appetizer (choice of 2) plus Main course (choice of 3) plus Dessert (choice of 2).
Day-Use Rooms with Shower & Changing Area
High-Speed Internet Access
Lush Landscaped Gardens
Non-Motorized Water Sports
Non-Smoking Rooms and Suites
Private Dining Areas
Salt Water Lagoon
24-Hours Manager on Duty
Boat Shuttle to / from Airport
Complimentary Wireless (WiFi) Internet
Evening Turndown Service
Foreign Money Exchange
In-room Safe Deposit Box
iPod Docking Stations
Ironing "On Demand"
Overnight Laundry Service
Wedding Vow Renewal Ceremonies